WellMama’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values
WellMama Maternal Mental Health and Support Services is a comprehensive nonprofit providing pregnancy and postpartum mental health support services to women and their families in Eugene and Springfield, Oregon. We support families struggling with emotions related to reproductive health issues, including pregnancy, the first few years postpartum, adoption, infertility, and perinatal loss.
Our Mission: WellMama provides education, advocacy, and resources for parents struggling with mental health issues during pregnancy and the first year postpartum. We dedicate our passion to raising community awareness of perinatal mental health.
Our Objectives: WellMama volunteers provide accurate information and confidential, nonjudgemental support to women, their families, and support people through our free warm-line, email support, and group support services. WellMama provides education, consultation, and training to the professional community on the most recent research on prevention, screening, diagnosis, and treatment of perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
- Accurate information and support for the emotional challenges of pregnancy, birth, and parenting is a matter of basic rights, social justice, and appropriate health care.
- Women and their families should never feel alone.
- Parents are never to blame for their depression, anxiety, or mood disorders, and they should receive understanding and compassion from their communities.
- Emotional support during pregnancy and after deliver is key to preventing the development of severe mood disorders, including postpartum depression.
- All families should have access to pregnancy and postpartum support services.
Talk to us. We’re listening.